Kenneth C.K. Koo
Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Representing the third generation of a 90 years old family shipping enterprise, Mr. Kenneth Koo joined the family business "Tai Chong Cheang Steamship Co. (H.K.) Ltd" in 1983 after he graduated with a Bachelor of Art degree from the University of San Diego.
Mr. Koo spent the first 18 years of his shipping career looking after TCC’s technical management as well as the manning & seamen training. He took over the reins of the family shipping business in 2005 and leads his enterprise into a brand-new millennium.
- American Bureau of Shipping – Technical Committee Member (Since 1996)
- American Bureau of Shipping – Southeast Asia Regional Committee Member (Since 1997)
- Hong Kong Shipowners Association – Chairman (2009 – 2011)
- Bureau Veritas Asia Australia Committer – Member (Since 1996)
- Hong Kong Maritime Industry Council – Member (Since 2005)
- Hong Kong Maritime Museum Trust – Trustee (Since 2005)
- Hong Kong Logistics Management Staff Association – Honourable Advisor (2009 – 2010)
- International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (INTERTANKO) – Council Member (Since 1996)
- International Shipping Federation - Council Member (1997 - 2005)
- Institute of Seatransport – Honorary President (Since 2000)
- International Ningbo Merchants Association Co., Ltd., - Vice Chairman (Since 2009)
- Port Welfare Committee of Marine Department, HKSAR – Chairman (2009 - 2011)
- Sailors’ Home & Missions to Seamen, Hong Kong of the General Committee – Member (Since 2006)
- The Britannia Steam Ship Insurance Association Limited – Committee Member (Since 2003)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – The Departmental Advisory Committee of the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies (LMS) - Chairman (2010 - 2012)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – The Faculty Advisory Committee / Faculty of Business – ex-officio member ( 2010 - 2012)
- City University of Hong Kong Maritime Law Centre Advisory Board – Member
- University of San Diego School of Business Administration Advisory Board (2008 – Present)
Kenneth C.K. Koo currently leads TCC as the third generation Group Chairman of TCC.